Wednesday, April 15, 2009

JAM ja JAM ja JAM JAM JAM!mmmmmmmm

So last night i decided it was time to make jam. my mom and aunt make the best freezer jam. my aunt always sends me home with some everytime i visit her. *note to self: visit barbi more often* anyways i was there easter sunday to visit her son marcus who just got home from his mission and it was his homecoming. after much talk about canning (it is a goal of mine to do) i told here i was craving strawburry freezer jam. she told me it was easy and that's all it took. so for 6 bucks i made 9 jam jars and 4 freezer packs of strawburry jam....let me tell you it is delicious! WOOT! i'm so proud of my self. now so i can enjoy my jam i have to bake fresh bread.....let us see if that works cuz i'm not very good at it. lol anyways i just wanted to brag a little since i'm the very opposite of a handy homemaker. I don't sew, barely cook, and there are no crafts in my house! i burp, fart and scratch myself instead! lol so this is my one step closer to being a good ol' wife. Plus i'm strangely addicted to old school ways like canning and such. i feel it's a lost art. it's something i think would be cool to pass down to my daughters or since i'm only having the one kid maybe his wife would do it with me. :)

3 comments:

The Fish Family said...

where is my jam!

Marcy said...

I just made freezer jam on Monday for the first time too! cool...We are cool

Mama-Face said...

Funny Story:

I can't even make freezer jam; it never really sets. One time Grandma Buckner was at our house and told me my homemade strawberry syrup was really good.

Well, maybe not that funny of a story come to think of it.

Quit scratching yourself!

(how's the girl crush coming along?)