Saturday, July 11, 2009

oh yeah....

So I got to thinking that I didn't want to live in AZ anymore. Also I didn't want Travis to have to be waiting for 2 years to get into the Physical Therapy Assisting program here. So I got to looking around and making some phone calls. One of the places that I was looking into for Physician Assisting was Texas Tech. Their PA program is in Odessa, TX at their Health Science Center. Well Odessa also has a college that offers the PTA program for Travis. So I called down there to figure out tuition and GI Bill stuff and what the wait would be. Well the Academic advisor said he could get in next fall. Also Texas is one of the few states that the new Chapter 33 GI Bill pays the most. AND best of all they still consider us NM residents and we got in-state tuition! NICE! So we are now moving to Odessa Texas! It'll be nice being only 3 hours from my parents and 6 hrs to San Antonio my two favorite places. Although I'm not a fan of tornadoes and flat lands with no wind break. I think I'll live getting to achieve my goal( being a PA) and helping Travis to achieve his(being the first EVER in his family to graduate college). So Peace out Arizona! :)

7 comments:

Marcy said...

Ah crap... that is awesome but we really need to get together before you move or we will never see each other again!

Lyndi said...

So when's the big move?

Mama-Face said...

Congrats!!! So excited for you and Travis to have these opportunities!

How much further are you from Utah? Cause I know you will want to be here often to check on your faves.

lol

trashly said...

eeee this is a little awkward...Mary....uh...texas is a bit farther away from utah...if you know what i mean. WHELP! gotta go! see ya! j/k it is farther but it's for the best. it's not you it's me. although to be honest i would like to work up there when i graduate. so maybe in 4 years i'll see ya around! lol

Andersen Family said...

Good luck! Moving is always pretty exciting. I really liked Texas (of course all I had to compare it to was NM!)

Lindsey Whiting said...

Yeah!! for Texas!! So you didn't say when you are moving? We live like 15 minutes from Seaworld so you really will need to visit!

Lindsey Whiting said...

SO, how was the move? I'm assuming you moved already. Texas winters are fantastic!! Too bad your kid won't pick up an accent, I was really hoping Addison would, but the only accent she will get is a little spanglish. :0)